Crete Carrier takes pride in hiring the most professional truck drivers the industry has to offer. See our qualifications below.
- One year verifiable tractor trailer experience.***
- Has acceptably passed the required company and D.O.T. physical, the required drug test and the company in-truck driving test and otherwise meets D.O.T. requirements.
- Has a stable, verifable work history.
- Has attained the minimum age of 22 years.
- Has an acceptable driving record as reflected by MVR with no major preventable accident in the most recent five (5) years.
- No DUI or DWI convictions or positive drug screens or events in the past five (5) years.
- No felony convictions within the last seven (7) years.
- Be able to perform functions set forth in the job description.
Orientation Schedule and Pay
As part of the employment process, all applicants cleared for hire by Crete Carrier will be required to attend orientation at one of our four orientation locations: Lincoln, Nebraska; Lenoir City, Tennessee; New Kingstown, Pennsylvania; or Wilmer, Texas. All transportation, lodging, meals, and $70 per day will be paid to company drivers upon successful completion of orientation. Owner Operators will be reimbursed for bobtailing, receive meals and hotel accomodations.
You are required to have a valid CDL before you begin orientation with Crete Carrier. View our list of preferred driving schools for truck driver education if you are looking for a place to get your CDL. Watch a video that describes the orientation process.
The pre-work screen has been developed to assess a driver's ability to perform the physical tasks required to be an over the road professional truck driver. All Crete Carrier drivers must pass the pre-work screen to be eligible to drive for our company. Upon completion of the pre-work screen, you will proceed with your DOT physical, then on to orientation. You can view the pre-work screen video to see what is expected.
In the classroom, our drivers get introduced to Crete's mobile technology, a trip planning refresher, and a review of safety guidelines designed to keep you, and those with whom you share the road, safe.
Drivers will go through a pre-trip inspection, coupling/uncoupling procedure and a road course to make sure you are ready to drive the open road.
Want more information before you start?
Give our Recruiting Team a call at 800-998-2221 to learn more.