Driver Pay

Top Paying CarrierTop Paying Carrier

Crete Carrier offers one of the most comprehensive truck driver pay packages in the trucking industry, and has also been independently certified as a Top Paying Carrier by the National Transportation Institute.

If you have one or more years of verifiable experience, you may qualify to start in our National Fleet at our experienced truck driver pay rate. Drivers will be paid $.45 to $.48 per practical mile depending on their experience and work history over the last five years.  Shaffer has raised pay over 11 percent in the past year.  When combined with our over 2 percent increase in paid miles, our drivers will now be earning over 13 percent more!  In fact, the top 50 percent of our fleet will now be earning more than $68,000 per year.

Practial Route Miles
Crete Carrier pays their professional truck drivers using Rand McNally Practical Route Miles. Many companies in the trucking industry use what is referred to as "Short Route Miles". Our Practical Route Miles reflect about two (2) to four (4) percent more miles—for which you are paid—and more accurately represent your actual route. 

Additional Compensation

Stop-Off Pay
If your load requires multiple stops in addition to the original pick up and the final delivery, you will receive stop pay of $30 per stop.

Breakdown Pay
The breakdown of truck driver pay of $100 is paid for each 24 hour period following the first 12 hours.

Load and Unload
Loading unloading, pallet jack pull-off and related loading and unloading services and extra stop offs if any are required, will be paid according to Crete's current loading/unloading payment schedule. 

Hazmat Reimbursement
The company pays its D.O.T. qualified Company Drivers the sum of $100 to reimburse them a portion of the cost associated with securing the renewed Haz Mat endorsement. 

Guaranteed Detention Pay
Company OTR drivers will now receive guaranteed detention pay after 2 hours of wait time.

 
Click toApply Now!or call1-800-998-2221